Travel Articles and Tips
Top 10 Atlantis, Bahama's Through a Child's Eye
It's impossible to choose your favorites things to do at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas That being said, when I asked my two children to name their favorite things about our time at Atlantis, this was their list
- Dolphin Cay – This is the highlight for any child. You get waist deep in the water with one of the amazing dolphins at Dolphin Cay. The dolphin will do tricks for you and you will have a chance to hug and kiss them! Such a blast!
SpecialGlobe Tip – There are Beach Wheelchairs onsite.
- Serpents Slide – Grab a single or a double tube and climb up 5 stories to the top of the Mayan Temple and take a winding ride in the dark that shoots you out into the Predator Lagoon. No worries, you are enclosed in a clear tube but it is super cool to see the sharks swimming all round you! Also, this is home to the Leap of Faith, which is a 5-story vertical drop through the same lagoon. My kids were too young for the Leap of Faith but lots of kids seemed to love it!
SpecialGlobe Tip – Limited accessibility due to the 5 stories climb and no
elevator to the top.
- Lazy River – Grab a single or a double tube and take a ride on a one-mile lazy river! No ordinary lazy river, you will encounter big waves, rapids and twists and turns in addition to some calm and relaxing drifting! This is super fun!
SpecialGlobe Tip – There are numerous places to enter along the one-mile
loop, including a zero entry area near the Toddler Water Park.
- The Dig – Discover the lost city of Atlantis! Explore underground caves with big picture windows over-looking Atlantis. Over 100 venomous Indo-Pacific Ocean Lionfish, 500 piranhas, iridescent jellyfish, and six-foot Moray Eels.
SpecialGlobe Tip - The underground dig is wheelchair accessible with an
elevator to the entrance via the lobby
- Kid's Club – For children ages 3-12, the Kid’s Club is great fun! You can take culinary lessons, do arts and crafts, theater, computers and outdoor play.
SpecialGlobe Tip – This is the first time I tried the Kid’s Club with my daughter
with Special Needs. The staff is fully trained to work with kids with special needs
and they provided a one-to-one instructor for my daughter. It was a big success and
my daughter loved it!
- The Wind Tunnel – This one is kind of funny! There is a passageway that you walk through from the lobby of the Royal Towers towards the Kid’s Club. When you walk around the corner to head through the tunnel, a big gust of wind hits you in the face. My kids thought it was lots of fun!
- Marine Life Observation – Throughout the grounds at the Atlantis resort, there are 14 lagoons that showcase more than 50,000 aquatic animals representing over 250 marine species. There is over 8 million gallons of salt water needed to fill these lagoons! It is truly remarkable.
- Mayan Temple Pool – This pool is at the base of the Mayan Temple and is lots of fun for kids. It has a mini-waterslide that the kids loved to play on.
SpecialGlobe Tip – This is a zero entry pool.
- Rope Tunnel Bridge – There are lots of great trails throughout the grounds of Atlantis. There are so many ins and outs and secret pathways that lead you to a lagoon filled with marine life. One of my kids’ favorite passageways was the rope bridge near the lagoon filled with Hammer Head Sharks. The bridge wobbles and shakes and looks like something out of Robinson Caruso. They had a blast on it!
- Murray’s – Modeled after a 1950’s New York-style restaurant, this was a favorite place for them to eat. Popular were the Grilled Cheese, French Fries and Ice Cream Shakes!