Travel Articles and Tips
Tips To Make Going To A Restaurant With Your Children Easier
Taking kids to a restaurant can be stressful but it’s an important social skill for them to learn at a young age and something they will need throughout their lives. Below are some Tips and Tricks I’ve learned along the way in my travels with my kids.
- Do not sit under speakers. Many Restaurants have nice music streaming which makes the dining experience more enjoyable but try to find a seat that is not directly under the speakers. Sitting under the speakers is very loud and it tends to make some kids who are sound sensitive uncomfortable. The music will also make some kids louder and more excitable in an attempt to be heard over the speakers.
- Bring along a couple of their favorite small toys or electronics and hide them in your purse or bag until you're seated. When they get antsy you can take them out and they will be both delighted and entertained until the food arrives.
- Sit near the restrooms! As all parents know, there will be at least one time during the meal that your child will need to go to the bathroom. If your child is anything like mine, then it happens once the food arrives. Sit close to the restrooms so you don't have to take too much time away from the meal to navigate taking your child to the bathroom.
- Make sure your child’s back is to the kitchen. If your child is hungry and impatient then every time they see food come out and it’s not theirs, they express their disappointment. Having their backs to the kitchen can alleviate some of that behavior.
- Bring a snack. Pack a few snacks and keep them in your purse or bag in case there is a long wait time and the kids are starving!
Quarry Steakhouse Vernal, Utah