1. American Natural History Musuem – For a 5 year old boy, the Dinosaur exhibit is a dream come true not to mention the two dinosaur and fossil gift shops for them to explore.
2. Toys R Us Times Square – Ferris Wheel, Super Heros, Life sized T-Rex what's not to love. Everything and anything a boy or girl would love.SpecialGlobe Tip- If your special needs child has difficulty waiting in the long lines for the ferris wheel just speak to the operator and explain the situation and they will give you front of the line access.
3. The Bronx Zoo - Lions, bears...butterflies? Something for everyone in the family!
SpecialGlobe Tip – When you go to the Bronx Zoo - If your child needs assistance be sure to go to the Guest Relations building to get an assistance card.
4. The Pizza and Spaghetti and Meatballs at Patsy's Pizzeria - 79th West side – This is a great local hangout out with a family vibe! The food is not to be missed!! Amazing!
5. The Lion King - the Minskoff Theatre – An amazing performance by Disney.
SpecialGlobe Tip – Not a bad seat in the house but if possible, try to grab a seat on the aisle as the animals come into the audience on many occasion. Great fun for the kids!
6. The airplane ride – For my daughter Eliza who loves flying, this was one of the highlights of her trip to NYC!
7. Horse Carriage ride in Central Park – What a great way to see the park. They offer 20 minute, 45 minute and 60 minute tours. Their most popular is the 20 minute tour. The carriages line up along Central Park Avenue or you can book your ride in advance.
SpecialGlobe Tip – We highly recommend the 45 minute tour. It is a little more expensive but you get to see more of the park and it gives the adults an opportunity to relax!
8. Eloise at The Plaza – Be sure to go visit Eloise, Weenie and Skipperdee at The Plaza. Stuffies, costumes, beautiful clothes, books and videos. Everything Eloise! They also have a room where you can sit and have a tea party. Lots of fun!
9. The Giraffes at the Bronx Zoo – A HUGE hit with my daughter.
10. Hecksher Playground in Central Park – Central Parks oldest and largest playground –
restrooms, water fountain, and lots of different areas for the kids to play. There is even a water playground for kids to enjoy on a hot day! There are also soft surfaces to play on in certain areas.