Travel Articles and Tips
Travel: It's So Worth It!!!
As fun as traveling is, there's always the chance that things might not go according to plan. Here are some things that went awry during one of our trips:
- Flight Cancellations – We were supposed to spend four nights in Florida but with two blizzards in the Northeast, we ended up spending nine nights! Fun but expensive!
- Missed Connecting Flight – It seems these days the airlines can give you a ridiculously short period of time to make your connection! Be sure to check the time when booking your ticket!
- Toileting Accidents – Upset stomachs with not enough time to make it to the bathroom meant accidents in public that were hard to clean up!
- Rental Car Damage – I never buy insurance when I rent a car and have never had a problem until this winter. I was parked at my hotel and someone hit the side of my car and drove off! Buy insurance!
- Personal Car Damage – The Airport Shuttle Bus at my hotel ran into my personal vehicle and put a hole in the back of it! Yikes! The hotel manager was amazing and they did everything they could to make the situation better. I was very impressed!
- Child Throwing Up on Hotel Rug – Just as room service arrived, my child threw up all over the rug! Embarrassing!
As you can see, things do go wrong.
Here is what went right during our travels:
- We flew a kite one beautiful afternoon on Siesta Key Beach.
- We met Winter, the dolphin, at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
- We searched for treasures one early morning on Clearwater Beach.
- We saw the most magical fireworks over Cinderella's Castle.
- We rode a rollercoaster and laughed until it hurt!
- We got drenched in the soak zone at Sea World!
- We went down a 5-story waterslide through a shark tank!
- We swam and played with dolphins.
Despite the things that went wrong, the experiences that my kids and I had together are the memories that we carry with us for the rest of our lives. In a year, I will forget the plane delays and cancellations, the upset stomachs and inconveniences, but I will never forget the sun and the warm breeze and my kids' laughter as we flew our kites that beautiful afternoon!